I am geek at heart that loves to learn and play with new technologies. I am grounded with solid object oriented programming principles, but spread my wings across most of the Microsoft product stack: from ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Windows forms, Silverlight, Business Intelligence, PerformancePoint Services, VSTO to SharePoint.
University of New South Wales
Degree: Bachelors of Engineering - Software Engineering
- Graduated with first class honours
- Thesis topic was “Natural Language Search Algorithms”
On the Microsoft Platform
- C#, VB.NET
- ASP.NET, MVC, jQuery, XAML, Windows Forms, WPF, Silverlight, VSTO, Windows Mobile
- Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, LINQ to Entities
- Business Intelligence with: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Team Foundation Server migration, configuration, customization and training
- CRM Plugin development
- SharePoint configuration and integration with Excel Services, Reporting Services and Performance Point Services
- Certified Scrum Master and Scrum Developer
- Professional Scrum Developer Trainer
- Project manager for several projects at SSW
2005 - now
Purveyor of code quality and advocate for learning, I have been tasked with the following responsibilities at SSW:
- Developer Training
- Software audits and code reviews
- SSW Tech Breakfast speaker and training
- Organizing and running the UTS Short Courses for .NET, SQL and SharePoint
- 2006-2009 Developing Windows and Web Applications using Visual Studio .NET
- 2009-2012 Microsoft SQL Server for Developers
- 2009-2012 Microsoft SQL Server for Business Intelligence
My personal highlights include:
- Helping Prepaid Services streamling their internal reporting and forecasting processes by building a data warehouse and cube for their sales and recharge data. This new system replaced a manual process dealing with multiple XLS, CVS and raw data files to produce, weekly, monthly and forecasting reportings. This manual process took a team 2 days to produce the reports and up to a week to load data. This process is now automated and occurs daily, with reports being instantly availble overnight and users given the ability to do adhoc reporting against the cube.
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, ASP.NET MVC 4
- Launching a new eCommerce website for a large Australian retailer who had been suffering downtime due to increased users and load on their servers on their ASP.NET 1.1 website.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, jQuery, Windows Workflow Foundation, WCF, iPhone/iPad compatibility, SQL Server Integration Services, Lucene.NET
- Rolling out a full end to end Microsoft ALM solution for Medibank Health. Medibank Health had an existing development ecosystem built on a multitude of different tools from different vendors. They wanted to consolidate them all to use the Microsoft ALM stack to gain efficencies during their testing and development cycle. We ended up implementing TFS 2010 with Lab Management and creating custom build and deployment scripts to push a build to Lab Management for verification every night. This cut their testing cycle from 3 days to 10 minutes!
Related Technology: Visual Studio 2010, Team Foundation Server 2010, Lab Management, Continuous Integration, Workflow
- Helping Snack Brands Australia integrate a legacy SAP database with their current Microsoft Axapta solution to build a data warehouse and cube for their data analysis, reporting and forecating needs.
Technologies: SharePoint 2010, Excel Services, Reporting Services, Integration Services, Analysis Services and Performance Point Services
- Leading the development on a large rostering intranet website built on ASP.NET and Silverlight for a large Australian utilities company, to help them move away from a paper based system that managed the rosters of over 100 field technicians.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET Dynamic Data, LINQ to Entities, Silverlight, T4 Templates, jQuery
- Helping a Microsoft Gold Partner and ISV further enhance and develop their CMS and document management product to integrat with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, TRIM and Interwoven Worksite.
Technologies: VB.NET, ASP.NET, SharePoint Web Services, TRIM, Interwoven Web Services, WCF, VSTO, jQuery
- Consulting and training Count Financial developers about moving from Perform to Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 and using Scrum as their development methodology
- Helping SSW to be the first company to migrate ther production TFS 2008 server to TFS 2010